Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brett Ratner To Direct Eddie Murphy; Continue To Kill Both Careers


Brett Ratner is in talks to direct Eddie Murphy in a remake of the 1957 classic The Incredible Shrinking Man. Hollywood Reporter says that they are taking a more "comedic approach" to the material and updating the storyline to be about a Las Vegas magician who is put under a spell that causes him to shrink. WTF?

The first movie was actually really good considering the time it was released, and it dealt with some complex issues (such as man's place in the universe) and had extremely sophisticated undertones. Now they're giving a remake up to one of the worst actor/director combos I've ever heard of. Save yourself the money when this comes to the theater and go rent the original.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it can't be any worse that that norbit crap I did, or that movie about a small me inside a big robot me...wait, what the hell am I doing with my career?!?!?

Jackie Chan said...

just let your soul glooow