Monday, June 30, 2008

Eddie Murphy Is Getting Back To His Roots


Eddie Murphy told Extra that he is retiring from movies and returning to stand-up comedy, the medium that got him started back in the 80's. I guess all the Norbits and Meet Daves of the past 10 years have finally gotten to him.

From Murphy: "I have close to fifty movies and it's like, why am I in the movies? [Editor's note: My sentiments exactly.] I've done that part now. I'll go back to the stage and do stand-up."

What does this mean for the previously announced Beverly Hills Cop 4, set to star Murphy and be directed by Brett Ratner? He says he didn't want to do it because "the movie wasn't ready to be done." I don't know what that means. I can't even begin to assume what that means. Is the movie a sentient being now? Does it have its own consciousness? Did the movie tell Eddie Murphy, "I'm not ready?" Sarcasm aside, BHC 4 will most likely still get released - the studios won't let a money-maker slip through their fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If this means the return of funny Eddie Murphy, then I say AMEN!

"Is the movie a sentient being now? Does it have its own consciousness? Did the movie tell Eddie Murphy, 'I'm not ready?'" -- I wonder about Eddie's sanity after each new movie he comes out with, and I would not be surprised if this were actually the case.