I'm back again after my recent trip, so here's what we've missed in the past few days. Slide me a sarsaparilla down the bar and let's get to it.
- After years of speculation and missed opportunities, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are finally teaming up in the same movie! Unfortunately, it's a Bollywood film called Incredible Love, about an Indian stuntman who comes to Hollywood searching for love. Wh-wh-what? You've gotta be kidding me! Not an action extravaganza? Criminal.
- I previously hoped that the filmmakers would choose 4 Fast 4 Furious as the title for the next installment of that franchise, but (stupidly) they've officially chosen to call it Fast and Furious. How lame is that? Oh well - the film reunites the cast from the first flick and hits theaters June 5th, 2009.
- The trailer for Disaster Movie is out. It is literally one of the worst things I've ever seen.
- Spider-Man 4 has been tentatively set for May of 2011. This seems a little ridiculous, since Marvel has a lot going on (Captain America is supposed to come out that same month) and probably won't have the time to get this project off the ground while they're trying to jump-start their other franchises. Neither director Sam Raimi nor Tobey Maguire has signed on for this yet, and the script hasn't even been finished. This project might never see the light of day.
- Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards will now be two movies, a la Kill Bill. I'm getting tired of this project already.
- Midnight Meat Train seems to be having some trouble, and as of now it's only getting released in 100 theaters across the country. There's a petition going around to increase its theatrical run, but no word yet on whether that will actually happen.
- It's not even out yet, but Wanted already has a sequel in the works at Universal. A couple months ago I thought the movie would suck, but now I'm kinda looking forward to it. It comes out this Friday.
- In Nottingham (Ridley Scott's movie about The Sheriff of Nottingham as a good guy) news, Sienna Miller (Layer Cake) has joined as Maid Marian opposite Russell Crowe's Sheriff. Rumor had it that Christian "Batman" Bale would play the terrorist/freedom fighter Robin Hood, but it turns out that it was just a rumor. Boo hiss. No word yet on Prince John's involvement in the story.