Time for another edition of Roundup here at Ben's Daily Movie News. Move 'em out!
- Horrifying news today that Jake Gyllenhaal has signed on to play The Prince in Disney's upcoming adaptation of The Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. New Bond girl Gemma Arterton will play the princess, but that doesn't make up for it at all.
- There can only be one! The writers of Iron Man are working on a remake of Highlander.
- James Cameron spoke a little more about his upcoming Avatar (set for theaters on December 18th, 2009), saying it's "the single most complex piece of filmmaking ever made." Apparently there are 1,600 shots for the 2.5 hour movie.
- Christian Bale has signed on as John Connor for all three Terminator films, putting the notion to rest that he only signed for the upcoming Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. He read the script and loved it, so he signed for the sequels on the spot.
- Spike Lee is directing a Michael Jordan documentary which will feature never-before-seen footage shot by NBA cameras during the final seasons of his career, from 2001-2003.