This is a little piece I like to call "Roundup." It's a brief bulletpoint system of the news that I don't have time to write full articles on. Hope you enjoy it.
- Jonah Hill is not going to star in Transformers 2. Negotiations have fallen through; some people (Boomer included) are relieved. I hope they don't get anyone worse to replace him.
- Matthew McConaughey is rumored to be Marvel's lead candidate for the role of Captain America. Branz instantly vomits.
- Terminator 4 is going to be rated PG-13.
- Will Eisner's The Spirit (directed by Frank Miller) has moved its release date from January 2009 to Christmas of this year. Sweet.
- Gran Torino will not be a Dirty Harry movie, but there are some new innuendos swarming around that when the next Dirty Harry movie DOES get made, Harry's gonna die. I just hope Eastwood keeps pumping out films, regardless of what the storylines are.
- Ellen Page is going to play Jane Eyre in a movie adaptation of one of the worst books in history. I'll never, ever, ever see it.
- Speaking of Ellen Page movies, Bill "Independence Day" Pullman is joining her and Cillian Murphy in Peacock. I rejoice.
- Zooey Deshanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are set to star opposite each other in a movie called 500 Days of Summer, in which JGL falls in love with ZD, who doesn't believe in love. Because of the caliber of actors involved, this may be one of the few chick flicks I see in a theater.