Monday, May 5, 2008

This Will Make Your Day


Adam McKay (Step Brothers, Anchorman) told Collider that Ron Burgandy will "for sure" grace the big screen again in a sequel to their beloved Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy. Instead of having you go over there to read it, I'll post what he said here:

Adam McKay: I'm looking to do another movie, I might do this other movie called Channel 3 Billion which is kind of this science fiction/Brazil type comedy. Then after that, Will and I are like let's do Anchorman 2…so you're talking like 2 years maybe we'll do it. But we're going to do it, for sure.

Collider: That's like 100%?

Adam McKay: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're dying to do it. Unless we can't get the cast together, which is always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it.


Anchorman pretty much singlehandedly boosted the careers of all of its male stars, but I'm sure they'd be willing to come back and make another movie like this for a reasonable price. I'm just glad that we'll be seeing some more antics of Will Ferrell in a movie that's not sports-based. Could they move Ron Burgandy into the 80's this time around? We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although sports do rule the world, I do agree, in this case, they should cut out the sports theme.